Capcom is currently livestreaming an event to debut the gameplay and other details about Monster Hunter World. It’s entirely in Japanese so everything from this point forward, is all I can get from the gameplay shown.
- PS4 Gameplay shown
- Solo gameplay demo
- The map is noticeably large.
- At the same time, the minimap looks similar to recent open world games. (I’ll miss the colorful zones lol)
- Zones are still numbered.
- It isn’t open world as some noted before, the map/play area is just huge and very varied.
- There’s a cool animation to enlarge your map.
- Larger monsters just go about their business feeding on prey and will by and large ignore the hunter.
- Gathering is quick, no more standing in place for centuries.
- Scout flies leads you directly to a large monster AFTER tracking and gathering snot etc to level up your flies .
- Being able to heal while running is a much needed change.
- You can change location on the monster if you mount them.
- The hitboxes on large monsters are greatly improved.
- Other large monsters can interfere with your fight. (and get rekt lol)
- The silly run animation is still in, thankfully.
- The monster can chase you across zones without rest.
- The hunter fired off a flare, I’m assuming it can be used to alert others of the monster’s location.
- 3 other hunters joined the hunt soon after the flare was shot off.
- The damage numbers isn’t as intrusive as I thought it would’ve been. In fact I quite like them. Will keep them on.
- Fast travel to base camp is basically instant.
- Felyne are still in and can still be customized heavily.
- Visually, the game looks amazing.
- I can’t tell so far if there are frame drops
- Lots of flora and fauna, it makes the world seem much more alive than previously possible
- The weapons shown off were the Hammer, the Gunlance, the Greatsword and Long Sword.
- You can mount either the head or move about the body to attack the monster.
- The Great Sword can be charged while mounted for “maximum damage”
- Bow gameplay looks significantly better
- The Hammer has a new attack, (charge jump and rotate rapidly, It’s pretty rad looking)
- The new Heavy Bowgun “gatling gun” special attack looks as awesome as in the Trailer
- The Long Sword has a new attack where he jumps and slashes down, also pretty rad.
- It could be for demo purposes but this Anjanath has lots of health.
After the Hunt
- The hunt is over and the hunters all carve away.
- A familiar “QUEST OVER” screen shows up and you’re taken to the quest rewards screen.
- I was worried but the gameplay look is very much still, Monster Hunter
I’ll update if they show more as the livestream goes on.
Edit: It’s concluded as of 7:38 AM.